Sacred Circle Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Circle Coven

Merry Meet, Sacred Circle Coven (SCC) was created so that like minded individuals could come together to discuss and learn about all forms of the path.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Daily Newsletters (pls scroll to see newer ones)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morwen
Admin
Morwen

Daily Newsletters (pls scroll to see newer ones) Empty
PostSubject: Daily Newsletters (pls scroll to see newer ones)   Daily Newsletters (pls scroll to see newer ones) EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Daily Newsletter 8/18/2016

House Blessing
Spell Date:  Thursday, August 18, 2016
Color of the day:  Green
Incense of the day:  Apricot
For this spell, you will need the following items:

Saltwater
Incense
Milk and honey
Bayberry oil

Begin in the living room. Cast a circle around yourself, then expand it to encompass the entire house (or apartment). Invite whichever energies you would like to be present.
Go through the entire house, and at each entry, sprinkle saltwater and cense with incense, saying:

"With the power of the four directions, I purify and charge this entry."
Then anoint the entry with milk and honey, saying:
"I offer milk and honey to ensure peace and prosperity in this place."
Then, with the oil, draw an invoking pentacle and say:
"With this oil, I seal this portal and protect all within."
When you get to the front door, do the same, but at the end add:
"Friends will always be welcome at my door, but by nature’s will, let none intending harm pass this threshold."
Open the circle.

Elder’s Meditation of the Day August 18

“You have to have confidence in your own ability to be able to go it alone, to go against what the rest of the culture is doing.”
–Eunice Baumann-Nelson, Ph.D., PENOBSCOT

God, this is hard. Today, allow me to be a Warrior. Let me be strong. Let Your voice be clear to me. Let me hear Your guidance. My goal today is to serve You, to develop myself to be the kind of Indian person that You would have me be. To Walk the Red Road must sometimes be walked alone.

Great Spirit, let me walk the Red Road today with the confidence that You are with me. If I fall, I will quickly ask You to help me know what I should do next.

Today’s Daily Horoscopes

Today's Aries Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

The potent Full Moon this morning can stimulate a flurry of activity with friends or an acquaintance, dear Aries, or might bring a long-standing issue to a head for your attention. You may need to put something behind you, and the will (or necessity) to do so emerges now. A love relationship matter could come to light quite abruptly now for some of you. You are in an emotional frame of mind, but you're also quite motivated to start fresh. You'll quickly discover that putting personal feelings aside and handling things with maturity will serve you best. It's a time for making yourself proud, and the bonus is that others are likely to appreciate you as well. Events are such that you are more sharply aware of the important role you play in others' lives - as a spouse, parent, friend, daughter/son, sibling, and so forth. This can push you to take care of a tricky matter, whether this is about asking for help or helping someone out.

Creativity: Good ~ Love: Good ~ Business: Good

Today's Taurus Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

A project revolving around the home could reach a turning point today, dear Taurus, with a Full Moon occurring across the personal-professional axis of your solar chart. You could receive extra attention now -- what you have and haven't done in recent weeks is illuminated. You may be in the position of taking control or maturely managing a situation. You can experience a rush of energy to take action on a matter that you've previously let slide or tolerated. The lunation occurring now sets off a new two-year theme in which the goal is to balance your professional and personal lives, and to discover and fill both your needs for challenge and security.

Creativity: Good ~ Love: Good ~ Business: Fair

Today's Gemini Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

With a Full Moon occurring this morning in your adventure sector, dear Gemini, your needs for exploration and more spirited living emerge with intensity. You need to find the time to fit extracurricular activities into your day, and while you can't do so all in one shot, you can begin to take steps to work towards a better balance. A new set of eclipses that affect your communications and transportation sectors begins, and in the coming two-plus years, you'll be examining how your mindset, beliefs, attitudes, and style of communication impact your life, positively and negatively, leading to meaningful changes. You may be challenged to reach out further, expand your skills and knowledge, and explore new ideas and ideologies. If you have a little too much on your plate right now, it's a good time to take care of unfinished business.

Today's Cancer Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

Money or intimacy issues reach a head and demand your attention today, dear Cancer, with a potent Full Moon bringing buried or long-brewing situations to light. Tensions revolving around money can quickly emerge now. While you are likely to be feeling more emotional than rational now, in the next few days you can certainly find ways to get back on track in order to feel more confident about practical matters. Issues of trust and respect could also emerge now. Today's almost Eclipse in your intimacy and sharing sector shakes up shared finances, material and emotional support, and your intimate life, and is also the beginning of an overarching theme for the coming two plus years. This is a time for reaching a settlement or making changes in the way you depend on others.

Today's Leo Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

One-to-one relationships, negotiations, and circumstances that urge you to strike a compromise are themes today with a potent Full Moon occurring in your opposing sign this morning, dear Leo. There could be an epiphany reached about a partnership or an announcement made. A personal project could culminate or bear fruit now. This Full Moon is just shy of a Lunar eclipse and it introduces a new theme that will play out over the coming two plus years. This can be experienced as the first cosmic push to better define your life in terms of your partnership needs, bringing up themes of cooperation versus independence. Finding a balance between partnering and independence is the challenge (and the joy).

Today's Virgo Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

Attention to detail on the job is a must today, dear Virgo, even if your mind is wandering. Organizing the little things will go a long way towards a stronger sense of accomplishment. Demands seem to be high today, however, and emotions are on the strong side. Still, you have a good sense that if you stay on top of them, you'll be able to make meaningful changes. This morning's potent Full Moon can bring a long-standing problem to a head, and this may relate to work, health, or a matter that you've been avoiding but that needs resolution for you to begin anew. This theme will be a big one in the coming two-plus years, and you're likely to experience the beginnings of this now and this week. Be brave and courageous in order to put a weighty situation behind you.

Today's Libra Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

The energy of the potent Full Moon that occurs this morning can shed new light on a friendship or romance, or possibly a relationship with a child, dear Libra. A creative project might reach a turning point or come to completion. Some release from tensions or worries may come through a partner or someone important to you. If you feel that life is a little too hectic or out of your control, look for someone to lean on or rationalize problems out with you. Letting something go can make room for a rush of new creative juices flowing. Don't speed ahead just yet, however. Gather your thoughts and formulate your plans. This lunation introduces a new theme into your life involving friendship and romance. In the coming two years, you'll be fully exploring your need to connect with a cause, group, or your community, and balancing it all with your personal life. Romance may be a big topic as well.

Creativity: Good ~ Love: Fair ~ Business: Good

Today's Scorpio Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

This morning's Full Moon brings special, and possibly dramatic attention, to matters of home, family, and the heart, dear Scorpio. If you have been pouring too much energy into your responsibilities to "the outside world" or work, then circumstances now remind you to find a balance. If you've been over-extending yourself, you need to find ways to get more down time. You may need to do some catch-up work with family. Emotions tend to rule today, and the general atmosphere can feel quite chaotic. Competitiveness can certainly motivate you to push harder, but don't jump into something without first considering whether it's truly worth it. The lunation occurring today brings in new energy having to do with discovering needs to balance your professional and personal life that will be with you for the next two-plus years. Right now, find ways to deal with those things you've avoided or set aside.

Today's Sagittarius Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

A busy day is in store for you, dear Sagittarius. A potent Full Moon occurs this morning, and it may bring a long-standing problem or project to a head. An important document can arrive, work could plop into your lap, last-minute errands may need to be run, or a surprising influx of calls and emails make your way to you now. For some, a change of plans prompts a scuffle of activity. Try your best to handle things one at a time, and one step at a time, so that you can feel confident that at least some things were done well by the end of the day. If you often find that people misunderstand your intentions when you communicate, this can be a good time to see what you can change to get your message across more effectively. This can also be a day for especially meaningful personal revelations. Themes related to learning, communicating, commuting, and connecting are in strong focus.

Today's Capricorn Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

The Full Moon this morning brings money matters, talents, and values into high focus, dear Capricorn. This can serve as a push to get on top of your finances. Show your abilities in the best possible way now, as others are noticing. Emotions run high around any Full Moon, and this is a potent one, so take your time before making any pivotal decisions, but aim to examine what feelings come to the surface, however raw they may be at the moment. With a new set of eclipses stimulating your resources sector over the coming two-plus years, you'll be doing a lot of "work" getting your life sorted out in terms of material and emotional support versus those things you do on your own for yourself and any dependents you may have. You may be feeling an intense desire for security and comfort now, which can serve as a strong motivator to sort out your financial situation.

Today's Aquarius Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

The Full Moon occurring this morning gives you a little push to confront your feelings, dear Aquarius. You might come to an important epiphany now, but because emotions run high right now, you may want to sort them out before taking action. Pay close attention to what emerges today and this week. Something buried or an issue that has been brewing for some time can come to light for handling. You're in a good position to express yourself with more feeling, but also in a mature manner so that others take you seriously. Over the coming two years, you'll be doing a lot of "work" on establishing a healthy balance between independence and interdependence. A set of eclipses will occur that are designed to pull you out of usual habits when it comes to close partnerships and matters of freedom. This process occurs from now until January 2019, and you might begin to see signs of the need for changes now. The Moon moves into your resources sector shortly after midday, and while personal needs remain larger than life to some degree, you'll begin to settle down and think about what to do about your recent discoveries.

Today's Pisces Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 18, 2016

The Full Moon this morning is a powerful one, dear Pisces, although it's a little less significant to you than many other signs, at least on the surface of things. Inside may be another story, however! Your inner world is animated now. You might come to an important realization related to work as well as health on mental, emotional, and physical levels. If you've been ignoring your need for more rest, solitude, and time to catch your breath, then circumstances might enforce the issue. Over the coming two years or so, you will be dealing with matters that require you to get to a better work-life balance, and right now, you're starting to see what may be missing or off center. The Moon moves into your sign just after midday, and you're more inclined to let others in on your feelings, or at least to seek out ways to express yourself more effectively.

Last edited by Morwen on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morwen
Admin
Morwen

Daily Newsletters (pls scroll to see newer ones) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Newsletters (pls scroll to see newer ones)   Daily Newsletters (pls scroll to see newer ones) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Daily News Letter 8/24/16

Spell A Day

Candle Spell for Improved Learning

Spell Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Color of the day: Topaz
Incense of the day: Lilac

Since this is the time of year when many people, from children to college students, return to school, a spell to improve learning can be helpful to start things off properly. This being Wednesday, Mercury’s day, makes it a perfect time for mental improvement. You will need the following items:

Yellow candle
Carving tool (pin, nail, or knife)
Rosemary oil

To begin, carve the name of the person who is the subject of the spell into the candle, and anoint it with the oil while visualizing a yellow aura surrounding the person, who is studying with ease and success. As you light the candle, say:

"Mental focus and memory,
Boosted, strengthened, and empowered;
Through your learning, you will
blessed be
And grow in knowledge, hour by hour.
With harm to none, by free will,
For the good of all, my wish fulfill."
Allow the candle to burn for as long as is safe and desired.

Elder’s Meditation of the Day August 24

“The mind’s eye changes the way we judge things.”
–Fools Crow, LAKOTA

“What you see is what you get.” Our head has inside it a movie projector that projects out from our foreheads and shines on a screen a picture of our true thoughts. This is our reality. We can only see what we project (our beliefs). If we believe someone is a jerk, every time we see them we reflect our beliefs about what we think about that person and that is all we can see. Even if someone tells us this person is a kind, loving, caring, intelligent individual, we wouldn’t be able to see it. If we change our belief about them, that person will change and so will our judgment about that person.

My Creator, let me realize the power of choice. Let me see the advantages of changing my beliefs. Today, if I am judging my brother, let me change my beliefs to acceptance. If my thoughts are of anger, let me change them to love. Let my eyes only see you in everything and every person.

Today’s Daily Horoscopes

Today's Aries Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

Look for ways to simplify your life this morning, dear Aries, when you're in a good position to see things more realistically than usual. Watch for rash or rebellious moves later today, particularly with relationships. Self-destructive tendencies might emerge. There can be some temporary doubts in your love life experienced now, and relationships can be up and down. Work or health problems can reach a head, especially if you've let some things slide. Defer decisions to a later date, if possible, and especially if you are feeling confused or down. Nevertheless, events of the day tend to bring you to a greater understanding of your commitment to self-care.

Creativity: Good ~ Love: Fair ~ Business: Excellent

Today's Taurus Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

Be vigilant, follow the rules, and take action on a problem area in the first half of the day, dear Taurus. Putting a difficult task behind you can be satisfying now. You could be taking things a little too personally later today, however. Discomfort on a social level might lead to over-indulgent tendencies. You could become edgy if you feel caged in or if people are trying to pin you down to an answer or a commitment. Vague health complaints might also be part of your day. Take extra breaks or rest periods, if possible. It's time to shake things up, but do so in ways that don't rock the big boats! The Moon transits your sign until evening, pushing your emotions to the surface for immediate attention, after which you're more inclined to settle in.

Creativity: Fair ~ Love: Fair ~ Business: Good

Today's Gemini Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

The first half of the day is strong for locking something down or bringing more order to an important area of your life, dear Gemini. Filling a responsibility may not feel good in the moment, but can lead to a freeing feeling that makes it well worth it. As the day advances, you may be dealing with troubles connecting with loved ones. It's better not to mix business and pleasure. It can be difficult to see reputation and professional matters clearly now, and your confusion over where you're ultimately headed could affect personal relationships. Use your imagination constructively rather than letting it take you to negative places. However, relationship issues, particularly family ones, that reach a head today also get over an important hump, and the rest should be uphill.

Creativity: Fair ~ Love: Good ~ Business: Good

Today's Cancer Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

This morning, putting something into order, taking action on a matter you've put off, or doing a chore you've avoided might figure strongly, dear Cancer. Routine domestic tasks can nevertheless feel quite overwhelming as the day progresses, however. Accept any help you can get instead of shouldering more than you can handle. Those jobs that require deliberate action or concentration tend to thrive this morning, but the day's energies shift considerably, and the more metaphysical, creative, or spiritual matters can benefit later on. Watch for communications that don't express what you actually feel. You could be reading too much into what others are saying, as well. You have extra courage today, however, and you can use this to do something you've always wanted to do.

Creativity: Fair ~ Love: Excellent ~ Business: Good

Today's Leo Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

This morning, efforts that require concentration or deliberation can thrive, dear Leo, although you may be craving more enjoyable pursuits. The past has a way of pulling you in as the day advances, however, especially when it comes to matters of the heart or finances. It can be difficult knowing whether you need comfort and familiarity, or excitement. Decision-making today could be too emotionally-driven or based on fear and insecurity, so you may want to wait for a better, clearer day to make important decisions. A partner may not be seeing matters of security or finances in the same way as you right now, which can frustrate. You might also feel some tension regarding having enough resources to fund your pursuits, including education or travel. You may need to confront a significant financial or ownership matter in order to get over a hump.

Today's Virgo Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

The first half of the day is strong for getting things done, facing the music on a matter, and getting over an important hump, dear Virgo. The work you're doing now may be unpleasant or uncomfortable but is necessary for getting your life back into order. You may very well feel that you're reaching a turning point or getting over a hump. It can be difficult to go after what you want directly later today, however, and it can also be challenging to relate in a healthy way with a partner or peer. If you are worried about money matters, make a plan to make a plan! While it's not the best time to draw up one, you can certainly commit to the need for a plan. There can be hypersensitivity to friends' reactions and comments, and a tendency to rebel as a result. If possible, use the latter half of the day for rest and reflection rather than for taking concrete action.

Today's Libra Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

Deliberate, meaningful activities can figure strongly this morning, dear Libra. This is a time for doing work that helps strengthen the foundations of something important in your life, whether that's a project, relationship, or endeavor. There can be a tendency later today to be a little too hard on yourself, however. While you shouldn't avoid your responsibilities, you should try not to take them so seriously that you lose yourself in them. Stick to what you know, and do your best to do it well. It can be difficult to know where you stand with others, and your thinking could swing from entertaining the ideal and imagining the worst. Of course, the truth is somewhere between. Insecurities tend to come the fore today, and as a result, it's not ideal for winning favors, but it's a good time for pondering the behaviors (and possibly even the situations or people) that are holding you back from going after what you want.

Today's Scorpio Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

The first half of the day is strong for practical activities, dear Scorpio. Aim to strengthen foundations and think about the long term. Get over a hump and start anew. You may be doing some form of clean-up or purging process of your psyche as well. Try not to worry about what you are leaving behind, and instead focus on what you have to gain. There are confusing energies with us later today, and for you, they are more likely to surround friends, acquaintances, children, or lovers. People could be withholding, distant, or acting in a way that has you doubting them. You are not very clear on who or what to value today, so try to control behavior that may give you reason to regret at a later date, such as quick decisions in a relationship or impulsive spending.

Creativity: Good ~ Love: Fair ~ Business: Excellent

Today's Sagittarius Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

In the first half of the day, dear Sagittarius, focus on accomplishing an important task that will help free or relieve you. Mars and Saturn finally meet in your sign, and this can mark a turning point in which you put a tricky obligation behind you. Mars in your sign certainly fills you with enterprising spirit and enthusiasm, but today you may be stopped in your tracks. Watch and listen, but consider your fears in the process, and how they may interfere with healthy relating patterns. Later today, you can be rather sensitive and perhaps read a situation the wrong way or from a place of insecurity. There can be disagreements over values or concepts of love. Events occurring now may very well open up old wounds, but with wounds wide open, you may have an opportunity to find ways to heal.

Creativity: Fair ~ Love: Good ~ Business: Good

Today's Capricorn Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

The first half of the day is good for getting work done, dear Capricorn, or putting a heavy matter that's been weighing on you completely behind you. You can be quite determined and ready to take on a challenge. Words can stir up all sorts of problems as the day advances, however, and there can be some defensiveness. Before it spirals out of control, consider whether or not it's better to simply correct "syntax errors" and move on. You could feel as if you are at a turning point in a relationship, and today's events could call up old hurt or old problems. Learn from what opens up today, even if it's not always easy to face truths. Keeping something buried will only prolong problems.

Creativity: Fair ~ Love: Good ~ Business: Excellent

Today's Aquarius Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

There can be a need to deal with a tricky matter or put in some extra work in the first half of the day, dear Aquarius. However, it can also feel good to clear the air or put something behind you. You may even feel that a weight has been lifted off your shoulders, although it's less about a lucky break than it is about taking action or responsibility. There can be issues that stir up feelings of anxiety or possibly even guilt later today, however, but do your best not to let these disrupt your relationships. Arguments started now can reach a stalemate if both people are not willing to listen to the other side. It may be hard to see the true value of people, situations, and material things today, as you might either exaggerate their importance or pass over those things that are truly important.

Today's Pisces Horoscope from Cafe Astrology
August 24, 2016

Make an extra effort to focus on what needs to be done this morning, dear Pisces, when Mars meets with Saturn and requires you to look at the facts and secure your future. Aim to do the more disagreeable work so that you can put it behind you. Insecurities can get the best of you later today, however, and you could be feeling a little "stiff" in your interactions with others as a result. Some of you could be feeling very vulnerable and possibly too open. You might be wondering about how someone feels about you, or how deep a commitment is. Try not to allow vague worries and doubts hold you back, but it might be better to wait for a better day to declare complicated feelings. As well, consider that if soft spots are triggered easily, you may want to take a closer look and discover ways to strengthen them. This may involve another person and an important talk!

Creativity: Fair ~ Love: Good ~ Business: Excellent
Back to top Go down

Daily Newsletters (pls scroll to see newer ones)
Page 1 of 1